Tim Lincecum, who I think looks like Ms. Gultch from The Wizard of Oz, grew a mustache for the San Francisco Giants photo day. It was a good effort, but it ended up looking like he forgot to wipe the Oreo crumbs from his upper lip.
It’s difficult to say what this is all about, but if you’re into it there are plenty more where that came from. Can you imagine that guy coming to your 8th birthday party with his Chucky/Butcher/Dead Eyed doll?
Matthew McConaughey is no stranger to the steesh, as we’ve seen in the past here and here. And now, he’s back with another dandy as the 2012 version of Rust Cohle in HBO’s wonderfully-creepy new show True Detective. If you haven’t watched this show yet, it’s worth it just to see him make those little men out of his beer cans.
Here’s what’s been going on, and some possible excuses for not having posted on this website for 8 months:
- I got a new job
- I don’t have Photoshop on my new work computer
- There is actual work to do here
- My desk is situated such that people can see what I am doing at all times, and I think a lot of coworkers take their shoes off because I never hear them coming up behind me.
- I’m typing this in word and then I’m going to paste it in WordPress.
- There are only so many people who have a mustache.
- There is only so much you can say about how amazing each mustache is.
- Any free time I encounter at work I spend listening to my office-mates talking about the weather.
- This is something that was said just 1 minute ago, “It’s snowing outside. Was it supposed to snow today?”
- If I had to guess, I’d say it was supposed to snow today seeing as it is snowing today..
- It’s always cold in my office. Always.
- I fear that my coworkers call me “Nips” or “PowerPoints” behind my back due to the previously mentioned cold conditions in my office.
- How can my armpits sweat when it’s so cold in here?
- I’m serious. I’ve used “prescription strength” antiperspirant before and that does nothing. It might have even made them more immune to other antiperspirants.
- I often wear colors that mask the appearance of the sweat. I find white works best, and I make a point to only wear white shirts to weddings after a pretty embarrassing Blue-Shirt incident in the summer of 2011.
- I moved.
- I saw Nick Offerman’s American Ham again. I guess I really blew it by not posting about it.
- I broke another toilet seat.
So yeah, things have been going on the past 8 months. You can understand why I haven’t posted anything. I think I’ll start making some post soon that have to do with mustaches and whatever else seems like it might be appropriate.
David “Deacon” Jones died at the age of 74. Jones was a defensive end in the NFL who came up with the term “sack” for tackling the quarterback behind the line of scrimmage. It sounds like Jones might have killed a raccoon or two as a child based on his description of a sack.
“You take all the offensive linemen and put them in a burlap bag, and then you take a baseball bat and beat on the bag. You’re sacking them, you’re bagging them. And that’s what you’re doing with a quarterback.”